Re: Subversion without python and/or Ruby?

I have committed a change to make java optional in devel/subversion,
defaulting to off.

     I prefer a way to globally disable java, even if my platform supports
  it. (It's not an option I'd use, had I the possibility to run Java,
  since I want to run Freenet, but I know others who'd love to be able to
  disable java globally).

There are basically two situations: where it makes sense to build w/o
java (like svn), and where the package becomes useless without it.  The
first case should be an option, and the second not, and I think that
mostly covers it.