Re: Subversion without python and/or Ruby?

Greg Troxel <> writes:

>      Even worse -- the subversion meta package insists on "building" Sun's
>   JDK. Anyone have any luck installing that on a NetBSD/amd64 system?
>      Subversion, Python, Ruby, et. al. Are extremly portable -- Java is
>   not. I see no reason to disable the subversion meta package for all the
>   non-i386 users out there.
>      Subversion already uses the options framework -- wouldn't it make
>   sense to add Java as an option which isn't enabled by default?

devel/subversion is not some random subset of Subversion chosen
by the packager; it depends on all Subversion (well, all that
we've gotten around to packaging yet ;-> ; I think it's complete,
now that I've packaged javahl).  If you want specific components,
install them separately.  Maybe all you want is subversion-base.

Eric Gillespie <*>