[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: modular-xorg and DRM/DRI checkpoint
Joel CARNAT wrote:
I'm going for a brand install of 4.99.67/i386.
I'm gonna install modular-xorg-server and drm (for Intel) and would like
to make sure I use the right pkgsrc (that is, drop any bad habbit I got
since I do it :)
Here's what I understood from pkgsrc state (correct me if I'm wrong please):
- pkgsrc-2008Q1 has no DRM working x11/modular-xorg-server, because 1.3.x
is liked to Mesa 6.x, right ?
- pkgsrc-HEAD is in the same state for the same reason.
- pkgsrc-wip has a working wip/modular-xorg-server which is the one that
has to be installed to use DRM.
What I use to do is:
- cvs up to -HEAD pkgsrc and pkgsrc-wip.
- install wip/modular-xorg-server (126.96.36.199nb2 because nb3 seems to have
weird distinfo and patch issue at compilation)
- install x11/xf86-video-intel
- install the rest (xf86-input-keyboad and mouse, fonts, xinit, ...)
FYI, you can use modular-xorg-server 1.3.0 if you roll back to
Main Index |
Thread Index |