Re: Subversion without python and/or Ruby?

I don't think it's agreed to or documented, but my view is that free
packages that can depend on non-free dependencies should have those
dependencies be optional and default to off.  Last I checked all the JDK
stuff was non-free.

To solve this, I think we should have a general 'java' option,
defaulting off, with all packgaes that can function reasonably without
java using the option.