Re: Subversion without python and/or Ruby?

     Even worse -- the subversion meta package insists on "building" Sun's
  JDK. Anyone have any luck installing that on a NetBSD/amd64 system?

     Subversion, Python, Ruby, et. al. Are extremly portable -- Java is
  not. I see no reason to disable the subversion meta package for all the
  non-i386 users out there.

     Subversion already uses the options framework -- wouldn't it make
  sense to add Java as an option which isn't enabled by default?

Good point - I didn't realize that the package had a non-portable
dependency.  This raises a larger issue about having more generic
options and how to set them.