Re: cvs better than git?

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 06:48:54PM +0100, Sad Clouds wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 18:26:48 +0200
> Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:
>
> > I hear what you say, but it's still a fact that even good people make
> > errors all the time. So it's not really that much about "trust" as
> > about in the end getting the damn thing right. Prestige have no place
> > there. If you think you write perfect code, and if you feel anyone
> > looking over your should is an insult, then I think you should think
> > again. :-)
>
> It's not about being insulted, but more about getting the work done
> without being blocked needlessly. As a practical example:
>
> If I have a problem with my car and I think I can fix it better than
> anyone else, I roll up my sleeves and do it.
>
> Otherwise, I take it to a garage and let them do it for me. Whether they
> do a good or a bad job, I don't stand there reviewing their work and
> giving them my critique on every nut and bolt they replace. If they do
> a bad job, I just don't come back there again.

Perhaps; but if you do major work on a car, then you need to take it
to an expert to get signed off before you're legally allowed to drive
on public roads - at least, that's true here in NSW, Australia, and I'd
imagine fairly common elsewhere.

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds