Re: cvs better than git?

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 17:15:44 +0200
Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:

> Not talking about a specific tool, but the process then.
>
> There are multiple advantages by having code reviewed.
> First of all, noone is perfect. People make mistakes all the time,
> and having two people look at it already reduce silly errors
> significantly.

I'm not against code reviews, and as I've mentioned, you can easily do
that on the command line against a private branch, before it is merged
with the main branch. Personally, I'm not that keen on the GUI process
with Git, Gerrit, etc. Too much red tape and clicking on buttons.

When I work with people, I want to trust them to do their job right, and
don't want to monitor every line of code they write, unless of cause
they ask for it. On the other side of the spectrum, sometimes you get
complete control freaks, that block you all the time due to minor
stylistic differences.