Re: [OT] Re: What netbook to you run NetBSD on? (-> netbook.xml)

personally I'm happy with the mixerctl approach, but perhaps modify it
to allow the user to specify aliases for most commonly used parameters?

That way the typing would be less fiddly and the tool would still be as
useful to everyone else ...

it would also relieve the need to remember the local variations between
hosts (I have a host where I need to manipulate outputs.master and
another where I need to manipulate inputs.dac02 ... go figure)

Just a thought,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left