Re: [OT] Re: What netbook to you run NetBSD on? (-> netbook.xml)

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 20:00, Marcin M. Jessa <lists%yazzy.org@localhost>
wrote:
> Christos Zoulas wrote:
>>
>> In article <48FEC745.7000104%yazzy.org@localhost>,
>> Marcin M. Jessa <lists%yazzy.org@localhost> wrote:

>>> Exactly, I had to write a shell script to use mixerctl to set up sound
>>> for
>>> my internal speakers or to send output to the head phones.
>>> Each time I need to change the sound level I have to type mixerctl -w
>>> outputs.lineout=xyz,xyz
>>> This sucks big time...
>>>

>> Why don't you stick it in /etc/sysctl.conf
>>

> This is the script I use [1]. As you can see I cannot put this into any
> static configuration as mixerctl
> requires diffent input for internal speakers and for headphones.
> Not to mention the fact that it's not an optional way of adjusting the sound
> level of my azalia device...
>

> #!/bin/sh
>
> case ${1} in
>       s)
>       mixerctl -w outputs.lineout.eapd=on
>       mixerctl -w outputs.lineout=200,200
>   ;;
>       h)
>       mixerctl -w  outputs.lineout.eapd=on
>       mixerctl -w outputs.headphones=255,255
>       mixerctl -w outputs.lineout=0,0
>   ;;
>       "")
>               echo "Please use one of following: h(eadphones)  or
> s(peakers)"
> esac

I use the attached script to adjust the volume on a Lenovo T400
laptop.  The script is also called by XFCE when I press the volume
keys.  (Using the headphones does not require any special
consideration in my case.)

--
Pouya Tafti