Re: DS207 fails to auto boot (Bad Magic Number)

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:36:44 +0000
Julian Coleman <jdc%coris.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

> The patch that I used is also there (has debugging hooks and multicast
> filter setup, although the filter setup didn't do anything).  Looking at
> this again, I wonder if the problem is that we don't invalidate the
> receive descriptor if we receive a broadcast or multicast packet.

I looked at the source myself again, but I am not sure what you mean.
Do you mean to invalidate the cache, so a modification of the receive
descriptor is noticed by the CPU? This is done (inv() and wbinv()).

Or do you mean to reset the descriptor itself? This is also done in all
cases:
  rxd->xd0 = htole32(FRAMESIZE|CTL_DEFOPC|CTL_LS|CTL_FS|CTL_OWN);

--
Frank Wille