Re: DS207 fails to auto boot (Bad Magic Number)

Hi,

> I looked at the source myself again, but I am not sure what you mean.
> Do you mean to invalidate the cache, so a modification of the receive
> descriptor is noticed by the CPU? This is done (inv() and wbinv()).
>
> Or do you mean to reset the descriptor itself? This is also done in all
> cases:
>   rxd->xd0 = htole32(FRAMESIZE|CTL_DEFOPC|CTL_LS|CTL_FS|CTL_OWN);

Yes - you're correct.  I was thinking that we didn't do this where CTL_OWN
wasn't set, but this just means that there isn't a packet available in that
descriptor.

Thanks,

   NetBSD: simple; works; documented    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/