Port-sandpoint archive

Re: DS207 fails to auto boot (Bad Magic Number)

> The DS207 is listed as being successfully tested, although not by me.
> So I hope this is correct. :)

Yes.  I had NetBSD running on a DS207, although I haven't turned it on for
a few months, as I'm using a QNAP TS-201 at the moment.

> > timeout
> The chip didn't receive a single ethernet frame. I have seen that before.

I saw this when I was trying to netboot my DS207, and I ended up increasing
the number of receive descriptors to 8 in altboot.  See the thread "Synology
PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix" starting at:

(I never did manage to get altboot to netboot on the DS207 with the default
2 receive descriptors.)  Not sure if this is the same problem though.

   NetBSD: simple; works; documented    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/