Re: Downloading NetBSD - Too complicated ?

On 8 February 2014 08:55, Lucius Rizzo <Lucius.Rizzo%lucius.xxx@localhost>
wrote:
> Also there is a lot of discussion and thought about new users. The
> evangelism differs in intensity from project to project, but it is a
> reality of most OSS. Either loosing or gaining users

'Evangelism' is an insidious word. What kind of user would you want to
bring in? Linux or other *Bsd refugees, complete n00bs, power users?

The major stumbling block here is that Netbsd doesn't run on tablets
and smartphones. I had to buy an old laptop to have a good chance to
run Netbsd, I am not sure how it will work on new hardware optimized
for Windows 8. Sure, it runs on backroom servers, but then the sys-ad
won't really be bothered by how many click it takes to download an
image.

--
Ottavio