Re: Downloading NetBSD - Too complicated ?

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Andrew Smallshaw
<andrews%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost> wrote:
> I agree with _that_ sentiment.  What is the point of dumbing down
> the "fetch ISO image" and even "Install" phases so that a two year
> old can do them if at the end of that process and after a reboot
> you get a black screen with a Login: prompt in the top left?  If
> you can't manage to click even a disputed six links in turn what
> chances do you have?

I totally agree.
Moreover the initial comparison is not fair: PCBSD aim (or one of its)
is to make BSD (FreeBSD in particular) easy to adopt and install, and
therefore they take care of the noobs flying to their web site. This
does not mean that NetBSD does not take care of its web sites, but it
simply means NetBSD downloaders are supposed to know what they are
doing.
Beside, having a single click download and install procedure reminds
me another operating system I don't use since a long time....

Luca