Re: Downloading NetBSD - Too complicated ?

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl%beer.org@localhost> wrote:
> When did we decide you had to be at a certain level of 'smart' in order to
> use NetBSD?
>
> Just because you want it to be difficult to get our software, doesn't mean it
> should be.  I know I'm smart enough to build NetBSD from source, layout the
> disk manually, dump the files on, and have it boot... Does that mean I don't
> use the install script?

It is not a matter of keeping it "difficult" or making it more
difficult than needed.
It is a fact that we should not be scaried by a few more clicks to get
the job done (downloading). Instead of improving the web site to make
it more "one-click-to-download", we should improve what the user is
going to download. That will pay off the extra clicks to get it.
And please, I'm not saying NetBSD is not good, just that we should
care more about WHAT you are downloading than HOW you are going to
download it.

Luca