Re: glassfish on NetBSD?

At Mon, 5 Sep 2011 23:23:33 +0200,
Lasse Hillerøe Petersen wrote:

> > They all have their own shares of problems. Threatening won't get you
> > much help anyway, especially on components (namely: Java and Flash) that
> > are Linux-centric when it comes to FOSS.
> >

> That's almost hilarious, how could what I said be construed as
> "threatening"???? I don't expect anyone but myself to fix my problems - and
> my fix will very likely end up being Linux. Even more so, if this is the way
> a long-time NetBSD user should expect to be "greeted" on netbsd-users these
> days.

I guess many of us have had that thought on occasion to go back to one
of the FOSS OSs that we used in the past. Well, it does happen to me
at least. It usually is some piece of 3rd party software that I'd like
to run, that has no package in pkgsrc(-wip), and that is non-trivial
to port (e.g. VirtualBox).

To prevent myself from hours spend installing and configuring I remind
myself of some of the experiences from the times I was using these
other OSs and that usually gets rid of the attraction very
quickly... ;-)

Concerning Java applications I keep jdk-1.5.0, kaffe, openjdk7,
openjdk7-bin, sun-1.5, and sun-6 installed. Some applications I have
needed will run with only a specific implementation/version.

Best regards,

Marko