Re: glassfish on NetBSD?

Martin S. Weber <Ephaeton <at> gmx.net> writes:

> Shortest possible answer: - "not at all".
>
> sun6, jdk15, jdk16, openjdk7 all have their own set of problems, most
> easily invoked by running a scala lift demo app involving a comet actor
> on a jetty on a box with real multiple CPUs. Hang, crash, 100% CPU
> (of one CPU), take your pick (for at least the previous four pkgsrc
> release branches, the previous two minor netbsd-5 patchlevels,
> HEAD pkgsrc of various times in between these four pkgsrc release
> branches, and even running on some iterations of -current).

lang/openjdk7 has recently been updated:
(2011-08-22) Updated to version: openjdk7-1.7.0.147.20110811

I've had large amounts of success with this build, where previous versions have
failed. (host platform is netbsd-5)

Successes:
 HBase create/scan table (Used to die when creating the table)
 OrientDB doesn't immediately segfault (haven't investigated further than that
yet).
 The scala-examples CometActor Chat example you mention (and other examples)
work flawlessly.

This may make it worthwhile for you to give a second look.