Re: glassfish on NetBSD?

On 04.09.2011 16:13, Lasse Hillerøe Petersen wrote:
> In the past, I have compiled JDK 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 succesfully for
> various versions of NetBSD, using the patches that were available. I
> have had WebLogic Application Server and WebSphere Application server
> (with Linux DB2), as well as Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA up and
> running, though I never tested any of them very thoroughly. The Java
> plugin for Mozilla (later for Firefox) worked okay natively, I could
> use my homebanking without problems. This stopped when openjdk became
> the "default" JDK, and I must say that I got tired of spending days
> compiling and figuring out problems with the whole thing.

Even with sun-jdk6, under Linux emulation? I am using it from time to
time with ec2-ami-tools; works fine.

> Having used NetBSD on my laptop since before 2004, I must admit that
> at the moment, I am seriously considering a switch to Linux soon,
> mainly because of this, but also because of lack of Flash support.

Flash works fine with latest -current Linux emulation also.

> The thought really makes me sad, but I am no longer the geek I used
> to be, and the thought of a system that "works out of the box" begins
> to appeal to me.

They all have their own shares of problems. Threatening won't get you
much help anyway, especially on components (namely: Java and Flash) that
are Linux-centric when it comes to FOSS.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost