Re: adt7xxx drivers (Was Re: Device name length restriction?)

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 05:14:13AM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:

> BTW, there's another set of 4 or 5 ADMxxxx chips which are also nearly
> identical to the ADTxxxx series, but they're not called "dBCool".  So
> I'm looking for a good device/driver name to cover all of the Analog /
> ON Semi "remote thermal sensor and fan control" chips.  Anyone got any
> suggestions?  I'm not fond of "device tsfc" or "device rtsfc".  :)

If most supported chips comes from the ADT series (from your previous
list), why not call it `adt74xxc' ? And it has the benefit to be
closely related to the existing adt7463/adt7467 drivers.

--
Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.
Institut Pasteur, Paris.