Re: disklabel (was: install files on mac UFS partition) mac mini G4)

> On Sun, Nov 07, 2021 at 03:45:06PM +0100, Kristoff wrote:
>> but as "owfboot" does load and start, my impressium is that are already
>> passed that hurdle.
>> The question now is "why doesn't ofwboot not find the netbsd kernel?" (that
>> is present on the root-partition of the disk!)
>
> You are indeed past all complex things. The N in the hdN:/netbsd boot
> string is the number of the Apple_UNIX_SVR2 partition where your root
> file system lives. The number typically is >= 9, e.g. on my G4 mac it
> is 11.

This is not true, as you have written it.

Please, take this as reference: http://www.netbsd.org/ports/macppc/partitioning.html

Partitions start at 9 if you have Mac OS 9 drivers installed.
Since Kristoff did not installed them, the partitions start earlier.

> The output of the NetBSD pdisk command shows the number clearly
> in the first column.
>
> Check the partition data shown by pdisk and disklabel. Size and offset
> of that partition need to match (but I don't think on macppc there is
> a way for them to differ, on other architectures this part could go
> wrong). Are you sure you created a ffs file system there? You could
> check with dumpfs(8).
>
> Martin

-u