Re: disklabel (was: install files on mac UFS partition) mac mini G4)

> My main concern is that I then need to delete/overwrite the Apple
> Partition Map, and I didn't know if I would be able to put it back,
> if that was needed.

> (In the mean time, some body on the matrix room on netbsd proposed to
> do a 'dd' of the first few sectors of the disk so I had a copy.

That's what I'd suggest.  Move the disk to another machine if necessary
and save a dd image of it.  If you need to roll back, just move the
disk again and dd it back.  (Well, dd or moral equivalent.  I would
actually use a tool I wrote that overlaps reads and writes better.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign