Re: GOP and using monitor

On Sun, 3 Oct 2021, Riza Dindir wrote:

Initially I had a problem when trying to install the system from the
CD. It was the radeon card...

It gave a "panic: cnopen: no console found" error and failed (entering
the debugger).

Prior to that a drm error is given.

kern error: [drm:(/export/netbsd/src/sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/drm/radeon/radeon_bios.c:725)radeon_get_bios]
*ERROR* Unable to locate a BIOS ROM
radeon0: autoconfiguration error: error: Fatal error during GPU init
radeon0: autoconfiguration error: unable to attach drm: 22

I remember that I had the radeon1 also, there were two of these drm
errors, as far as I can remember. So I could not pass this point. So I
disabled radeon to install the system, and wrote a boot.cfg to use gop
and disabling radeon.

I see. You could try out the WIP 5.6 Linux DRM branch to see if that fares
better:

https://www.unitedbsd.com/d/563-56-gpu-drivers-update

Or, see if this works. In the GENERIC config:

# genfb*          at pci? dev ? function ?
genfb0          at pci1 dev 0 function 0
genfb1          at pci0 dev 1 function 0

On the assumption that your _other_ Radeon card is connected to the VGA
port, we make genfb0 attach to it (and which will take over all displays
--no multi-card support on NetBSD at present, I'm told).

-RVP