Re: GOP and using monitor

Hello Riza,

  RD> I have an LCD monitor that i can connect via vga port. Can i use
    > this monitor as the only monitor?  Do not need to use the laptop
    > monitor.  This way i can reduce the brightness on the monitor.

    If you close the lid on your laptop, does the external monitor
become the only one?  It's a while since I used NetBSD's X11, so I do
not know whether it is able to adapt on the fly to a change in
configuration like that.

    Out of interest, does your monitor only have a VGA input?  I would
usually use HMDI or miniDisplayPort, given the chance.

-Andy Ball