Re: GOP and using monitor

Hello RVP.

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 11:03 AM RVP <rvp%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Oct 2021, Riza Dindir wrote:
>
> > I have a radeon graphics card. It is a radeon device that is not
> > supported by the system. I have disabled it.
> >

> genfb will usually mirror output across all connected display devices.
> If it is not, then I don't know how to make it use only one particular
> card or display device. So, try this:
>
> 1. Re-enable the `radeon' DRM. (Just comment out that `userconf=disable radeon*'
>     line in /boot.cfg.

Initially I had a problem when trying to install the system from the
CD. It was the radeon card...

It gave a "panic: cnopen: no console found" error and failed (entering
the debugger).

Prior to that a drm error is given.

kern error: [drm:(/export/netbsd/src/sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/drm/radeon/radeon_bios.c:725)radeon_get_bios]
*ERROR* Unable to locate a BIOS ROM
radeon0: autoconfiguration error: error: Fatal error during GPU init
radeon0: autoconfiguration error: unable to attach drm: 22

I remember that I had the radeon1 also, there were two of these drm
errors, as far as I can remember. So I could not pass this point. So I
disabled radeon to install the system, and wrote a boot.cfg to use gop
and disabling radeon.

> 2. Use this Xorg config. fragment (as, say, /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/radeon.conf).
>     (Move/rename any other `Card0' fragments out of the way.)
>
> Section "Device"
>      Identifier  "Card0"
>      Driver      "radeon"
>      Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA"
>      # Option      "Accel" "off"
>      # Option      "ZaphodHeads" "LVDS1,VGA1"   # output names may be different
>      BusID       "PCI:0:1:0"    # AMD/ATI Kaveri [Radeon R6/R7 Graphics]
>      # BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"  # AMD/ATI Opal XT [Radeon R7 M265/M365X/M465]
> EndSection
>
>     See if the system is stable with "AccelMethod" "EXA". If it is not, then
>     uncomment `Option "Accel" "off"'.
>
> 3. With Xorg you should be able to choose the output device using xrandr(1).
>
> 4. If the radeon Xorg driver won't do the job at all, try the "modesetting"
>     Xorg driver with `Option "AccelMethod" "none"'.
>
> 5. If you can't switch displays with neither, then use the "wsfb" Xorg driver
>     on top of the radeon DRM framebuffer. That'll work, and things won't be
>     any slower than on `genfb'.
>
> -RVP

Riza