Re: GOP and using monitor

On Sat, 2 Oct 2021, Riza Dindir wrote:

I have a radeon graphics card. It is a radeon device that is not
supported by the system. I have disabled it.

genfb will usually mirror output across all connected display devices.
If it is not, then I don't know how to make it use only one particular
card or display device. So, try this:

1. Re-enable the `radeon' DRM. (Just comment out that `userconf=disable radeon*'
   line in /boot.cfg.

2. Use this Xorg config. fragment (as, say, /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/radeon.conf).
   (Move/rename any other `Card0' fragments out of the way.)

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Card0"
    Driver      "radeon"
    Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA"
    # Option      "Accel" "off"
    # Option      "ZaphodHeads" "LVDS1,VGA1"	# output names may be different
    BusID       "PCI:0:1:0"	# AMD/ATI Kaveri [Radeon R6/R7 Graphics]
    # BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"	# AMD/ATI Opal XT [Radeon R7 M265/M365X/M465]
EndSection

   See if the system is stable with "AccelMethod" "EXA". If it is not, then
   uncomment `Option "Accel" "off"'.

3. With Xorg you should be able to choose the output device using xrandr(1).

4. If the radeon Xorg driver won't do the job at all, try the "modesetting"
   Xorg driver with `Option "AccelMethod" "none"'.

5. If you can't switch displays with neither, then use the "wsfb" Xorg driver
   on top of the radeon DRM framebuffer. That'll work, and things won't be
   any slower than on `genfb'.

-RVP