Re: Scripts with PHP shebang & mbedtls (wip/hiawatha)

Kevin Bloom <ktnb%posteo.net@localhost> writes:

> "Hauke Fath (SPG)" <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost> wrote:
>
>> [Accidentally sent to Greg, only]

>> > Figure out how much it hurts to have the option set, and why it's even
>> > an option.
>>
>> According to <https://www.hiawatha-webserver.org/howto/monitor>, the
>> 'monitor' build option enables acl-protected access from the monitoring
>> server (separate software) to Hiawatha's server logs.
>>
>> If you don't use it, you don't want the access enabled.

Well, if the config file doesn't turn on any acls, the risk tradeoff is
unclear.  if it's scary, that's an upstream bug.

> Right, should we explain this in the options.mk? So others know the risks?

Very tersely, but more explaining to other pkgsrc workers why it is not
default on.  Upstream should document things, and users should read
upstream docs.