Re: Scripts with PHP shebang & mbedtls (wip/hiawatha)

Kevin Bloom <ktnb%posteo.net@localhost> writes:

> There is another question to be answered that is kind-of related:
> hiawatha monitor. This is an optional compile flag for hiawatha but to
> get the "full feature" you're supposed to install the Hiawatha Monitor
> site, which is a seperate tarball and requires php5 and mysql. So,
> this package would require that you had the hiawatha PKG_OPTION for
> the monitor set. How would we handle this situation?

Figure out how much it hurts to have the option set, and why it's even
an option.  This is a bug in upstream, and doesn't play well with any
packaging system.   I can see two outcomes

in either path, create hiawatha-monitor

then one of

  A) leave the option default off and make users rebuild

  B) set the option to default on and hope that running with the option but
  without the other package behaves well

If B is not ok, file a bug upstream.