Re: Scripts with PHP shebang & mbedtls (wip/hiawatha)

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Kevin Bloom <ktnb%posteo.net@localhost> writes:
>
> > Hmm, okay. The script is generated (pretty sure it just replaces some
> > directories) so would the user would have to build hiawatha to get it.
> > Or, are you suggesting that the www/hiawatha-le (or whatever it's called)
> > contains just the script that has been copied in after having built
> > hiawatha?
> >
> > I'm sure there is something to ignore certain files built into pkgsrc,
> > right? Or would you just use ${RM} in the post-install phase?
>
> The requirement for hiawatha-foo is basically:
>
>   build as little as possible subject to meeting the rest
>
>   make hiawatha-foo discover php and replace the path
>
>   install only the php script
>
> how you do that can vary.  If configure is used to find php, I'd let
> that run.  I would then either add a do-build that just invokes what is
> needed, or a BUILD_DIRS (check spelling!) that says which subdirs pkgsrc
> should run make in.  Similarly for install, either do-install or a dir
> limitation.  As an unpreferred method, yes can overinstall into destdir
> and rm but that's icky.

Okay, I think this is making sense. I'll see if the script is
generated during the configure or build phase.

There is another question to be answered that is kind-of related:
hiawatha monitor. This is an optional compile flag for hiawatha but to
get the "full feature" you're supposed to install the Hiawatha Monitor
site, which is a seperate tarball and requires php5 and mysql. So,
this package would require that you had the hiawatha PKG_OPTION for
the monitor set. How would we handle this situation?