Re: Scripts with PHP shebang & mbedtls (wip/hiawatha)

On 2024-03-25 15:32, Greg Troxel wrote:
IMHO, installing scripts with missing interpreters is not a good thing.
I'm not sure that we prohibit it in the guide, but I lean to saying it
should not happen.  It basically moves dependency management to be
manual.

I would argue that webserver related things are an exception - we do not mandate an apache dependency for anything that might want to render html.

I think it's better to have a split package that depends on php.  Then
when you install that, the package works.

Given there are plenty of "let's encrypt" tools around, that is probably the best way forward.

Cheerio,
Hauke

(who has a funny  bikeshed feeling about this thread ;)

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344