RE: loadbsd and color Xorg wsfb/Amiga current status

From: David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost>
Sent: jueves, 23 de febrero de 2023 17:36
Subject: Re: loadbsd and color Xorg wsfb/Amiga current status

> I would suggest the best plan would be to focus on NetBSD/current
> and the upcoming netbsd-10 release, so if feasible we can have the
> best amiga support. Anyone who wants to try a fresh install of
> NetBSD/amiga can also hopefully be guided to netbsd-10 between now
> and the official release.

It looks like the most effort efficient option. So I installed the daily build of netbsd-10 with very good results: X11R7 in full color; as stated before, speed is not great but it is usable.

I just uploaded a video capture of my Amiga 1200 running it here [1]. Please ignore the sporadic screen blinking, it is a minor use with my capture hardware, nothing to do with NetBSD itself. The default window manager configuration is far better than the one I was using until now from netbsd-7.2, I am quite happy with it.

By the way, I am really missing wget and curl from the pkgsrc repository. I am using the 10.0_2022Q4 [2]. Is this the correct one?

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIBra_p2vJw
[2] http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amiga/10.0_2022Q4/All/

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator | http://www.hispamsx.org | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org | https://calnus.com