Re: loadbsd and color Xorg wsfb/Amiga current status

On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 at 23:45, Carlos Milán Figueredo
<cmilanf%hispamsx.org@localhost> wrote:

> [...]

I would suggest the best plan would be to focus on NetBSD/current and
the upcoming netbsd-10 release, so if feasible we can have the best
amiga support. Anyone who wants to try a fresh install of NetBSD/amiga
can also hopefully be guided to netbsd-10 between now and the official
release.

> > Otherwise, Carlos - would you be able to test netbsd-10 from the above link?
>
> I was pending to repartition my Amiga hard drive and reinstalling NetBSD via network; so it seems like a good timing to try netbsd-10. Can you confirm this [1] is the distribution to use?

Yes, absolutely

> Also, not related but I am curious about it: there is a GENERIC kernel tgz in the sets folder [2], why is that? How is that one different from [3]? It is just curiosity, as I use the WSCONS one [4].

The sets/ directory contains compressed tarfiles for sets for the
installer (the kern sets are a special case with only one file inside
:)

The kernel/ directory contains an overlapping selection of kernels,
but simply compressed, for people to pick and use as they choose.

The hope is to switch the GENERIC kernel to using wscons for the
NetBSD-10 release, and have an alternate GRF kernel for the older
drivers

David