Re: loadbsd and color Xorg wsfb/Amiga current status

On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 at 16:58, Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:

> David Brownlee wrote:
>
> > OK, I've built netbsd-8 and netbsd-9 with the loadbsd patch applied -
>
> You are very quick - and your build machine too! :)

"./build.sh -j 6 -U -m amiga release" on a multi-core machine, (and
not having to build x11 ftw :)

> > Unless anyone has any objections I'll send the pullup requests a> > little later today...
>
> Not at all. Perfect! Thanks a lot!

Sent!

> > Now... does anyone know where we are with shafb8.c ?  :-p
>
> Although I did most of the Xorg/wsfb adaptions for the Amiga graphics boards
> I was not involved in amidisplaycc. Maybe ask Jukka Andberg about it?
>
> Looks like amiga/dev/amidisplaycc.c 1.40 provides support for a multi
> bitplane wsfb? But I have no idea what else is required.

Apologies to Jukka for just cc-ing him in mid-thread, but... have just
done that :)

Jukka, would you be able to shed any light as to where NetBSD/amiga
might be with respect to possible Amiga planar format support to Xorg?

On a related note - is anyone aware of any reason why the GENERIC
amiga kernels can't be switched to wscons, with a fallback ite enabled
kernel just in case?

Thanks

David