RE: loadbsd and color Xorg wsfb/Amiga current status

From: David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost>
Sent: lunes, 20 de febrero de 2023 20:14
Subject: Re: loadbsd and color Xorg wsfb/Amiga current status

> I'm willing to be persuaded if people really think it's worth it?

It depends on the amount of work needed for that; for the time being I am happy using the old release of X11R6 from NetBSD 7.2; it works well on 9.x, bringing AGA 256 color support via Xamiga. However I do not think it is something to depend on for the future.

If it is too much effort bringing it to netbsd-9, at least to me it is not a problem waiting to netbsd-10.

> Otherwise, Carlos - would you be able to test netbsd-10 from the above link?

I was pending to repartition my Amiga hard drive and reinstalling NetBSD via network; so it seems like a good timing to try netbsd-10. Can you confirm this [1] is the distribution to use?

Also, not related but I am curious about it: there is a GENERIC kernel tgz in the sets folder [2], why is that? How is that one different from [3]? It is just curiosity, as I use the WSCONS one [4].

Regards,
Carlos

[1] http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-10/latest/amiga/
[2] http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-10/latest/amiga/binary/sets/kern-GENERIC.tgz