Re: Migrating ports from XFree86 to Xorg (Was: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms)

Hello,

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 20:06:45 +0200
Radoslaw Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost> wrote:

> On 27 wrz 2011, at 19:59, Michael wrote:
>
> > Huh? Ite draws characters by calling functions provided by grf, wsdisplay
> > can do the same.
>
> Typical wsdisplay driver implementation provides functions like putchar,
> cursor, etc. In grf+ite combination, these functions are provided by ite. So,
> if we suddenly don't use ite, then we don't have access to these functions
> ;).

Sorry, I must be missing something since this makes no sense whatsoever.
putchar() is a low level operation that's done by the driver or something else
that scribbles into video memory ( like rasops for example ). Why on earth
would anyone put that into the terminal emulator?

have fun
Michael