Re: Jumping cursor in modular-xorg-server-1.4.0.90nb3 (was: modular-xorg and DRM/DRI checkpoint)

On 7/7/08, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On 07/07/2008, Joel CARNAT <joel%carnat.net@localhost> wrote:
>> >>
>>  >> I have finished rebuilding the whole 're)compilation with fresh
>> pkgsrc,
>>  >>  pkgsrc-wip and mk.conf on my Eee PC (Intel 82915GM/GMS,82910GML) and
>>  >>  don't have this behaviour. Still having glxgears/glxinfo cores when
>>  >>  terminated though.

FWIW, this only seems to happen with intel cards.
I have no such problems with my radeon.

I would love to resolve this issue, but haven't
been having much luck in doing so.  Perhaps
my mesa "pthread hack" (see hacks.mk in MesaLib)
has something to do with this, but I have no idea why it would.

Right now mrg@ and I are working on getting the
newest drm sources into our tree--perhaps this will solve it.  We're almost
there; the big problem right now is that upon attachment, the PCI
information about the card
comes up as null (!).  Very frustrating.

Moreover, mesa/drm are in a state of radical flux
these days--I'm still not certain about what
their ultimate plan is concerning various things.
After the pkgsrc freeze, though, we will have an update to
libdrm-2.3.1, FWIW (this does not fix this issue--just letting you
guys know about it).

Mesa-7.1's going to be a lot of "fun", too!

Thanks for all of the testing, and i hope to resolve this issue soon.
If anyone has any ideas,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

--Blair