Re: Jumping cursor in modular-xorg-server- (was: modular-xorg and DRM/DRI checkpoint)

2008/7/6 Sverre Froyen <>:
> On Friday 04 July 2008, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 07:52:31PM -0600, Sverre Froyen wrote:
>> > I've tracked the jumping cursor issue down to the function
>> > acceleratePointer in dix/getevents.c.
>> All this issues in the past happened because some very smart guys
>> decided to do random broken things from signal context. Which is why
>> this is extremely hard to trace down.

Just to confirm I have the same on on a machine with a
Radeon (9800SE); the same Xorg version with an Intel 945 seems to work
fine on my laptop.

> I still see the jumps in 1.4.2.  Perhaps my workaround (attached) could be
> included until a proper fix is developed?
> Thanks,
> Sverre

Paul Lynde  - "I sang in the choir for years, even though my family
belonged to another church."