Re: Jumping cursor in modular-xorg-server-1.4.0.90nb3 (was: modular-xorg and DRM/DRI checkpoint)

On 07/07/2008, Joel CARNAT <joel%carnat.net@localhost> wrote:
> > 2008/7/6 Sverre Froyen <sverre%viewmark.com@localhost>:
>  >> On Friday 04 July 2008, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>  >>> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 07:52:31PM -0600, Sverre Froyen wrote:
>  >>> > I've tracked the jumping cursor issue down to the function
>  >>> > acceleratePointer in dix/getevents.c.
>  >>>
>  >>> All this issues in the past happened because some very smart guys
>  >>> decided to do random broken things from signal context. Which is why
>  >>> this is extremely hard to trace down.
>  >
>  > Just to confirm I have the same on 1.4.0.90nb2 on a machine with a
>  > Radeon (9800SE); the same Xorg version with an Intel 945 seems to work
>  > fine on my laptop.
>  >

> I have finished rebuilding the whole 're)compilation with fresh pkgsrc,
>  pkgsrc-wip and mk.conf on my Eee PC (Intel 82915GM/GMS,82910GML) and I
>  don't have this behaviour. Still having glxgears/glxinfo cores when
>  terminated though.

Did you actually recompile glxgears/glxinfo with the new Mesa from
wip? I remember I had to tweak the packages to get this working - and
yes, I did have the same core dumps with them - you will get rid of
the dumps, but not from the problem - by 'env PTHREAD_DIAGASSERT=A
glx{gears|info}' .

After the latest build of MesaUtils I don't get that problem any more.

>  >>
>  >> I still see the jumps in 1.4.2.  Perhaps my workaround (attached) could
>  >> be
>  >> included until a proper fix is developed?
>  >>
>  >> Thanks,
>  >> Sverre
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  > Chavdar
>  >
>  > --
>  > Paul Lynde  - "I sang in the choir for years, even though my family
>  > belonged to another church."
>  >

/dev/random says:
        I always lie. In fact, I'm lying to you right now!
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014