Re: Jumping cursor in modular-xorg-server-1.4.0.90nb3 (was: modular-xorg and DRM/DRI checkpoint)

On 07/07/2008, Joel CARNAT <joel%carnat.net@localhost> wrote:

>  >> I have finished rebuilding the whole 're)compilation with fresh pkgsrc,
>  >>  pkgsrc-wip and mk.conf on my Eee PC (Intel 82915GM/GMS,82910GML) and I
>  >>  don't have this behaviour. Still having glxgears/glxinfo cores when
>  >>  terminated though.
>  >
>  > Did you actually recompile glxgears/glxinfo with the new Mesa from
>  > wip? I remember I had to tweak the packages to get this working - and
>

> I used graphics/glx-utils which depends on MesaLib-7.0.3.3nb3.
>  I don't have any Mesa in my wip snapshot tree from Saturday.
>
>  What I did install is (in that particular order):
>   - wip/modular-xorg-server-1.4.2.0
>   - meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-drivers-1.2
>   - meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-apps-1.5
>   - meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-fonts-1.0
>   - meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-libs-1.0
>   - graphics/glx-utils-7.0.3
>
>  Regarding Mesa and GLX, what was installed is:
>  MesaLib-7.0.3.3nb3
>  glu-7.0.3.3nb1
>  glx-utils-7.0.3

I have got

glu-7.0.3.3
glut-7.0.3.3
MesaLib-7.0.3.3nb1
Mesa-7.0.3.3
glx-utils-7.0.3-rc2
xf86-video-radeonhd-1.1.0
modular-xorg-server-1.4.0.90nb3

on

% uname -a
NetBSD loan8 4.99.64 NetBSD 4.99.64 (GENERIC) #0: Tue Jun  3 14:55:00
BST 2008  root@loan8:/f/obj/usr-current/i386/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
i386

>  graphics/Mesa does not seem to be installed automatically.
>  Is this expected ?

Mesa is like a meta-package; just installs MesaLib, glu and glut.

>  > yes, I did have the same core dumps with them - you will get rid of
>  > the dumps, but not from the problem - by 'env PTHREAD_DIAGASSERT=A
>  > glx{gears|info}' .
>  >
>  > After the latest build of MesaUtils I don't get that problem any more.

Not really; I remebered.

If I do not modload drm and radeondrm, I do not have the problem with
glxinfo and glxgears core, as suggested above.

If I do the above modloads, I get:

loan8glxinfo 2>&1 | tee /tmp/1.log
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.3.0 r300 (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/pkg/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:05:00.0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 4
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:05:00.0
libGL error:
Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
glxinfo: Error detected by libpthread: Unlocking unlocked mutex.
Detected by file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex.c", line 422,
function "pthread__mutex_unlock_slow".
See pthread(3) for information.
ksh93: 3063: Abort(coredump)

But indeed, with PTHREAD_DIAGASSERT=A it works:

[...]
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI

It claims DRI is working, but if I start any OpenGL program now, my X
server hangs - the mouse cursor is still intact, but the keyboard
disappears - I cannpt interrupt the server and cannot do anything
other than reboot the machine remotely - otherwise it works. I have
reported this on previous occasions.

>  >

/dev/random says:
        I always lie. In fact, I'm lying to you right now!
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014