Re: Websites on a Matrix Printer

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 01:50:47AM +0100, trebol wrote:
> Hi Herbt,
> lp|local printer|Oki Ml182 Turbo:\
>      :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
>      :sh:pl#66:pw#80:if=/usr/local/libexec/lpfilter:
> ps|Ghostscript driver:\
>      :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/ps:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
>      :mx#0:sh:if=/usr/local/libexec/lpfilter-ps:
> Regards,
> trebol.

Hi Trebol,
thats a lot of valuable input, it saved me quite some time and I could
almost set it up step by step. Great!

Especially the ghostscript setup was a good inspiration. The Oki 3320
can print now some browser print job in graphic mode (doesnt look very
good as expected).

The next days I will hook up the Oki to my server (have it local now)
and go another way. The recent version of ghostscript has the option
-sDEVICE=txtwrite. The current version of NetBSD-ghostscript
unfortunatly doesnt support this (gs 8.71, for txtwrite I need 9.05).
With txtwrite it simply spits out the postscript page as a normal
textfile what I could use straight for the Oki.

I also tried the package pstotext, but I just get a page full of #####
######### letters. There must be something wrong with this package.

So I will go begging on the pkgsrc-users list and hope the maintainers
there can manage to update ghostscript. This gonna be exactly the way it
should be--some straight text print from websites (some print versions
or simple html-text without pictures).

Thanks a lot!
herb langhans