Re: Xfree --> Xorg cookbook?

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:11:36 -0800 (PST)
Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

> >> I don't see anything in my ssh{,d}_config files that would need to
> >> be updated.
> >
> > XAuthLocation
>
> Hmmm.  I don't have that set in my ssh config files.  I guess I just
> don't do anything that would require it.

The issue is forwarding X11 sessions over ssh.  The default location
for xauth is /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth.  As of a few weeks ago, that was
still the case, even though it should now be /usr/X11R7/bin/xauth.
(I'm converting from pkgsrc xorg, but most of the conversion issues are
the same.  Of course, I'd run into the XAuthLocation issue several
years ago, when I converted from XFree86, so it was staring at me this
time...)