Re: Bountysource campaign for gcc-vax

On 17.10.2020 19:57, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hi Maciej!
>
> On 10/17/20 5:46 PM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
>>  I now have a prototype implementation, with promising test results:
>>
>> 		=== gcc Summary ===
>>
>> # of expected passes		110124
>> # of unexpected failures	1852
>> # of unexpected successes	7
>> # of expected failures		566
>> # of unresolved testcases	31
>> # of unsupported tests		3131
>>
>> The 31 regressions are spread across 6 test cases, one of which looks like
>> another incarnation of a preexisting problem:
>
> Wow, I'm very excited to hear that. Great work!

Keep it up!

>>  An announcement has now just been posted giving Nov 15th as the end of
>> Stage 1 and consequently the deadline for general GCC 11 development:
>>
>> <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2020-October/234007.html>
>>
>> which means we're fully on track with this effort even for this deadline,
>> though I'd consider this conversion a functional bug fix really, suitable
>> for Stage 3 even.
>
> From what I have heard, there have been no official announcements yet for the
> removal of cc0 support. There have been some discussions but they died down
> quickly so I guess we're still save.

The official notice to remove vax cc0 is here:

https://gcc.gnu.org/legacy-ml/gcc-patches/2019-09/msg01256.html

So this message is serving as official notice that we are *deprecating*
all cc0 support in gcc-10.  We are not removing any code or targets at
this time -- removals would happen during the gcc-11 cycle.

avr
cris
h8300
m68k
vax
cr16

> The work on converting the AVR backend is moving along nicely as well, FWIW.

How about m68k?