Re: Bountysource campaign for gcc-vax

Hi Maciej!

On 10/17/20 5:46 PM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
>  I now have a prototype implementation, with promising test results:
>
> 		=== gcc Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes		110124
> # of unexpected failures	1852
> # of unexpected successes	7
> # of expected failures		566
> # of unresolved testcases	31
> # of unsupported tests		3131
>
> The 31 regressions are spread across 6 test cases, one of which looks like
> another incarnation of a preexisting problem:

Wow, I'm very excited to hear that. Great work!

>  An announcement has now just been posted giving Nov 15th as the end of
> Stage 1 and consequently the deadline for general GCC 11 development:
>
> <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2020-October/234007.html>
>
> which means we're fully on track with this effort even for this deadline,
> though I'd consider this conversion a functional bug fix really, suitable
> for Stage 3 even.

From what I have heard, there have been no official announcements yet for the
removal of cc0 support. There have been some discussions but they died down
quickly so I guess we're still save.

The work on converting the AVR backend is moving along nicely as well, FWIW.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz%debian.org@localhost