Bountysource campaign for gcc-vax

Hi!

I have seen the discussion on this mailing list regarding a Bountysource campaign
to convert the VAX backend in GCC from cc0 to MODE_CC [1].

Since nothing has come out of it and VAX is one of the last two backends that
are currently not being taken care of [2] (AVR and H8300 are being worked on,
CRIS and M68K are done), I thought it might be a good idea to help with the
efforts.

Since using Bountysource works pretty neatly for this kind of effort, I would
suggest using it for the VAX backend as well.

The critical point is to be able to gain enough supporters so that we can collect
at least $2000. Plus, it should be easily possible to install NetBSD/VAX inside
an emulator. The latter requirement seems to have been fulfilled already [3,4],
so I think we should just create an issue in the GCC bug tracker and link that
to Bountysource.

Then we just need to spread the word (reddit, Twitter etc).

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz%debian.org@localhost