Re: c-icap-modules not available anymore on pkgin command

On 22/01/2020 17.28, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
* On 2020-01-22 at 08:29 GMT, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

* On 2020-01-21 at 19:57 GMT, Andries Annema wrote:

Regarding the other matters in this thread however, I see that 'c-icap',
'c-icap-modules' and 'clamav' are still available on the *Joyent pkgsrc
builds*, but '*squid*' and '*squid-clamav*' are gone since the 2019Q3
release. I am using these altogether in multiple setups and am planning on
more deployments still.
Can anyone (Jonathan maybe?) point out if there is any hope on these
packages coming back to the repo or am I really the only one using these
from here and am I better of getting them elsewhere?
If I get some time I'll take a look at them, but for many years I've
been trying to encourage others to get involved as relying on only a
couple of people to keep things working indefinitely doesn't scale.
I had a quick look today.  Squid is a fallout from the OpenSSL 1.1.1
update, we're still on the obsolete 3.5.x branch in pkgsrc, and the
wip/samba4 package does not look at all suitable yet for replacing it.

Now is a great time for someone to step up and take maintainership of
the package ;)

Ow boy.. I wasn't even aware that the 3.5.x branch of Squid was in fact obsolete and a 4.x branch has already replaced it.

Having said that, I suppose you meant www/squid4 and not wip/samba4...?
There seems to be a wip/squid4 package as well, but to me that one looks bogus indeed.
The www/squid4 looks a lot healthier to me though.

I'll try to have a look at your build docs on github soon. Maybe I can get it rolling on Omni sooner than I expect. ;-)

Andries