Re: c-icap-modules not available anymore on pkgin command

Oh, that's interesting. This is the first time I ever heard of 'Percona'. I am looking into that fork now. However, I can hardly believe 'Mariadb' is not used anymore. Maybe not from the Joyent-pkgsrc builds, but from the pkgsrc-repo in general..? For me, as an OmniOSce user, there's also the option of migrating to their 'extra' repo for 'mariadb', but I guessed 'pkgsrc' as a repo would be more future proof. I may have been mistaken. Unless 'Percona' is a proper drop-in replacement. Thanks for that pointer.

Then still, what about 'squid' and 'squid-clamav'? I would hate to see them gone forever as well. Having a hard time believing no-one is using these either...

I don't think I am on the level of being able to maintain such packages myself yet.

Andries

On 13/01/2020 08.43, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
* On 2020-01-13 at 05:29 GMT, Andries Annema wrote:

Could you shed some light on what's going on here? I can imagine there are
not a lot of users for 'squid' and 'squid-clamav', but I would actually
expect more lamentations on missing 'mariadb'. Maybe not on this channel
then.
The mariadb package is really old, I'm surprised anyone was still
using it.  All users I know of are using the Percona packages which
are kept reasonably updated.

We'd certainly welcome a maintainer for the mariadb package if you
wanted to step up!