Re: NetBSD 9.2 installer can't detect disk of some Hetzner VPSes

Hello,

On 19.07.22 15:02, Matthias Petermann wrote:
Further, I'd like to follow up on what the "incompatible" chipset is, i.e. how I could test it locally in Qemu. Has anyone at Hetzner ever figured this out? I just wanted to save the dmesg and copy it via SSH to my home - the next disappointment - it seems that no network interface was detected. So in the existing configuration, the VPS is completely useless for me.

to add one more data point: I just used the Linux based rescue system to upload a "NetBSD-9.99.98-amd64-install.img.gz" (built 2022-06-30) to a tmp partition on the VPS. After extraction and dd to the hard disk, I reset the system and it starts to boot. The boot loader works and the
kernel begins its initialization sequence. The results so far:

- In the messages written to the console, I can clearly see a "sd0" device recognized as the local disk, as well as several wedges detected from the GPT layout on it.

- Also there is a vioif0 device listed as network device

So this looks like the previous issue (no disk + no network on Q35 based Hetzner VPS) are already addressed in NetBSD-current.

Unfortunaly, the kernel panics shortly before it passes control to init:

```
[....] panic: cnopen: no console device
```

Any ideas?