Re: Web + email hosting recommendations

On 10 May 2019 07:53:06 BST, Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
>On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 06:45:14AM +0100, U'll Be King Of The Stars
>wrote:
>> FYI all I made an account at Vultr.com and installed OpenBSD  (not
>> Net*).  Anyway, it was a nice process.  But the $2.50 and $3.50
>VPS'es
>> didn't seem to exist.
>
>`didn't exist' or `sold out'? The availability may vary geography-wise.
>
>https://www.vultr.com/pricing/ still shows those.

They "sold out" in a highly artificial way, of course.  It's slightly misleading advertising however I haven't raised a ticket about it yet.  Still it is very cheap and I am able to upload any ISO I want so it's still good.

>BTW didn't you want to try Hetzner? A lot of details are on the thread.

I have used Hetzner in the past and they didn't offer the required subset of KVM-like functionality.  I asked their support team a few months ago and was told I'd have to get a dedicated server.