Re: regression (crash) in sysmon/acpiacad

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 09:04:54AM +0200, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
>       * The following sensors should be removed: technology,
>         low capacity, and warning capacity. These are not really
>         something that should be "sensed".

Technology ok. I'm not too sure about low and warning, given that they
normally can't be modified.

>       * The design capacity should be the maximum of the last known full
>         charge capacity, which is the maximum of the present capacity.
>         This is useful for checking the overall "health" of deteriorating
>         (lithium-ion) batteries.

I disagree. Both batteries for my laptop had initially a higher capacity
than designed for -- e.g. last full and design cap don't necessarily
agree with each other.

>       * Sensors that have a maximum should report also percentages in
>         relation to these maximums. From the usability point of view, this
>         is probably almost always the right choice.

That should be a task for userland, not the kernel.

Joerg