Re: regression (crash) in sysmon/acpiacad

paul%whooppee.com@localhost said:
> Regarding the earlier comment about your battery charge level not
> changing...  Is this still true?

Just checked again and found that the charge level is
updated now, but only every 30s. (The code in acpibat_refresh()
suggests that cached values are kept only for 5s, and I
believe that is how it did behave formerly.)

I definitely watched the battery state for a couple of
minutes yesterday, so something else must have happened.

Looking at acpibat_refresh()... the 5-seconds check uses
microtime() which is not necessarily monotonic. And, iirc,
I had booted Windows before, which sets the RTC to GMT+1,
so I had to force the clock back by a manual "ntpdate".
This might have killed status updating.
Well, just a hypothesis, but I'd suggest to use
getmicrouptime() for these checks.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt