Re: regression (crash) in sysmon/acpiacad

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Paul Goyette wrote:

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Matthias Drochner wrote:
my laptop (running -current) now crashes as soon as the
battery reaches warning level.
This is due to a jump to NULL in sysmon_envsys_events.c,
line 891 - an indirect call to sme->sme_refresh.
This is indeed 0 for acpiacad now, since the "refresh"
method was removed recently.
How is this intended to work?

Ooops.

The refresh routine was removed because we're now relying on the notify code to actually work. But unfortunately we forgot to set the flag to avoid the call-back.

Either Jukka or I will get this fixed up shortly.

Actually, Jukka _did_ set the SME_DISABLE_REFRESH flag. Unfortunately, it was not being checked in one of the call-backs. I have just added the missing check.

Please update to rev 1.78 of src/sys/dev/sysmon/sysmon_envsys_events.c and try again. Thanks for finding this, and please accept my apologies for the breakage.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |